Seniorcorp’s Home Care Services
Seniorcorp will review long-term care policies at no cost to the client, providing a written summary of benefits and eligibility criteria.
Deciphering the details of a long-term care policy can be daunting. We often talk with families that have consistently paid the premiums on a policy for years, but they haven’t pulled the policy out of the file drawer in over 15 years. Our team can dust off the policy and review it for the family, highlighting important answers to questions such as:
- How do we start the process with our LTC insurance carrier?
- Is there an elimination period before the policy begins paying? If so, how long is it?
- What are the eligibility requirements for the policy to become active? How many activities of daily living (ADL’s) must be impaired to qualify?
- Does the policy reimburse a daily maximum rate? Is there a cumulative maximum reimbursable amount or is the policy based on a fixed time period (3-5 years)?
- Is there an annual inflation adjustment built into the policy’s benefit amount?
- Must we hire a caregiver from a licensed home care agency, or can we hire a private / domestic caregiver directly?
At Seniorcorp, a Certified Senior Advisor and a licensed RN work to develop a personalized care plan to meet the daily needs of your loved one’s. Our dedicated caregivers strive to promote independence while we provide the assistance needed to remain at home.